Journal Entry #7

How did my interviewee respond?

My brother really enjoyed my paper. He wasn’t particularly excited or anything. Which didn’t surprise me at all. He was interested in whether I was going to get a good grade. I told him it was well received and I was certain that I would receive an A. He was please to heard it and took some of the credit (LOL).

What did I learn from this project?

I didn’t think I would learn a lot from this project. Having known my brother my whole life I figured I would learn anything new. Furthermore, being a gamer for most of my life I didn’t think that I would learn anything about online gaming either. Most of what was written in my paper I knew generally, but I didn’t know the details. For example, I knew players would buy good equipment for the game. However, I didn’t think other gamers really cared. I turns out it was considered a big violation in the gaming community. Finally, I learned how difficult playing Final Fantasy 14 can be to play and master. I was more impressed that my brother was good at the game.

1. I’m glad that this report made your brother happy (?), and he gets to take how much ever credit he wants! I hope working on this paper gave you at least a little bit of a new perspective as a gamer!